The "Resettlers’ Camp"
After the handover of the former camp site to the town of Nordhausen, the barracks camp served as a reception camp for German expellees, mainly from regions in Czechoslovakia. From January to August 1946, 12 transports with a total of about 12,000 people reached the camp. Most of them only spent around 14 days in quarantine in the "Resettlers’ Camp", before being distributed as "new citizens" among the surrounding communities in Northern Thuringia. The camp was dissolved in summer 1946.