"Buchenwald. Ostracism and Violence 1937 to 1945"
The new designed permanent exhibition on the history of Buchenwald concentration camp was opened at the former depot building on 17th April 2016. Covering 2000 square metres, the exhibition details the history of the camp and displays how it was embedded in the German society between 1937 and 1945. Objects and mementos given to the memorial by former inmates and their relatives will be on display for a broader public for the first time. These will be supplemented by a multitude of exhibits, photographs, documents, and interviews which have been detected in German and foreign archives through extensive research.